1 Definition, What Clinical Psychologist Do, Historical background
2 Historical Background, Areas of Clinical Psychology
3 Types of Interview, Structured Interview
4 Stages of Interview, MSE
5 MSE, Case History
6 DSM IV, Case Report
7 Psychopathology according to DSM IV
8 Psychopathology according to DSM IV
9 Freud Psychoanalysis & Neo Freudians
10 Behavior Therapy, Case Discussion
11 Cognitive Therapy, Case Discussion
12 Humanistic and existential Psychotherapy, Case Discussion
13 Family Therapy, Group Therapy
14 Correlation Design Mixed Design, Within Subject Design, Case Discussion
15 Cross Sectional and Longitudinal studies, Ethical Issues, Case Discussion
• To provide a historical overview of the field of Clinical Psychology and its importance and link with other fields.
• To help students gain an understanding of the diagnostic and assessment procedures in Clinical Psychology.
• To help students to understand the basic intervention models of Clinical Psychology.
• To familiarize student to DSM-IV and its multi axial system.
• To provide students and opportunity to have theoretical as well as practical knowledge of clinical settings and clients.
• To help students learn the techniques of taking a case history and writing a clinical case report.
Course Learning Outcomes
After completion of this course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate through papers,reports,examinations and other written means,systematic knowledge in the above mentioned areas.
2. Assess cognitive skills in the domains of intelligence,memory,academic abilities and they will assess personality functioning through self reports and through appropriate use of psychological assessment and clinical interviews.
3. Demonstrate competence in the use of interventions based on cognitive behavior therapy.
week 1: topic 1a) What Clinical Psychologist Do
week 1: topic 1b). Historical background
week 2: topic 1a) Areas of Clinical Psychology
week 2: topic 1 b). Types of Interview
week 3: topic 1a). Stages of Interview
week 3: topic 1b). Mental status examination
week 4: topic 1a). Case History
week 5: topic1 a).Freud Psychoanalysis
week 5: topic 1b). Neo Freudians
Week 10: Topic 1. Behavior therapy
Week 11: Topic 1). Cognitive therapy
Week 12: Topic 1). . Humanistic and existential Psychotherapy
Week 13: Topic 1). Case report format
Week 14: Topic 1a). Family therapy
Week 14: Topic 1b).Group Therapy
Week 15: Topic 1). Correlation Design Mixed Design, Within Subject Design, Cross Sectional and Longitudinal studies
Week 16: Topic 1). Ethical Issues
Book Title : The oxford hand book of clinical psychology
Author : Edited by David H. Barlow
Publisher : Oxford University Press
Book Title : Contemporary Clinical Psychology
Author : Thomas G Plante
Edition : 2nd
Publisher : John Wiley & Sons, Inc