To perform experiments related to logic gates, combinational circuits, code converter, decoder, flip-flops and operational amplifier.
1. To study the internal structure of different types of Logic gates i.e. AND, OR, NOT, NAND, XOR, NOR with the help of ICs.
2. To Design and Construct a Half-Adder circuit using IC 7400.
3. To Design and Construct a Full-Adder circuit using IC 7400.
4. To Design and Construct a Half-subtractor circuit using XOR, NOT and AND gates.
5. To Design and Construct a Full-subtractor circuit using NAND gates only.
6. To Design and Construct a Code Convertor for Gray-to-Binary Code using IC 7486.
7. To Design and Construct a Code Convertor for Binary-to-Gray Code using IC 7486.
8. Construct and Design a BCD-to-Decimal (0-9) Decoder using 7447, 7490 and Seven Segment Display.
9. To Design RS flip-flop using NAND and NOR gates, Clocked RS flip-flop, JK flip-flop, D flip-flop, T flip-flop, Master-Slave flip-flop. Verify their truth tables.
10. To study the Operational amplifier’s parameters i.e. input off-set voltage, input offset current, average or input base current, slew rate.
11. To Design and Study the applications of Operational amplifier i.e. Adder, Subtractor, Averager and D/A convertor.
12. To Design and Construct the Inverting Amplifier using IC 741.
13. To Design and Construct the Non-inverting Amplifier using IC 741.
14. To Design and Study the application of Operational amplifier as Differentiator.
15. To Design and Study the application of Operational amplifier as Integrator.
Course Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of the course, the students will be able to
i) verify the theoretical concepts through laboratory.
ii) analyze, design and implement combinational logic circuits.
iii) convert the given binary code into required code.
iv) classify and implement different types of flip-flops.
v) convert digital signal into analog signal and vice versa.
vi) measure parameters of operational amplifier and perform mathematical operations through this amplifier.
Operational amplifier as integrator
Book Title : Digital Fundamentals
Author : Thomas L. Floyd
Edition : 8th Edition
Publisher : Pearson Education, Singapore.
Book Title : Operational amplifiers
Author : George Clayton & Steve Winder
Edition : 5th
Publisher : Elsevier