Education: Knowledge, Information, Education and awareness, Skill, Values, Attitude, Behavior, Beliefs, Norms. Environmental Education: Aims of environmental education, Types of environmental education. Teaching and learning: Four stages of learning, Teaching learning theories and EE, How people learn, Types of learner, Role of teacher/educator. Teaching-learning approaches: Inductive and deductive approaches, Teaching learning process, Active and passive learning. Curriculum, syllabus, course development for environmental education at various levels. History and Philosophy of Education: Guiding principles of Environmental Education (EE), Environmental literacy, Citizen Action and responsibilities. Status of Environmental Education: EE at National, regional and global levels, Events that shaped the development education in Pakistan, Role of Government, NGOs, Educational institutions, Environmental policy: EE at primary, secondary and at higher levels of education, EE and research. Teaching Methodologies: Common teaching methods/activities of formal, non-formal and informal EE. Using community resources for Environmental Education. Teaching Environmental Issues in Classroom and in the real world methodologies, Considerations for teaching environmental issues with particular reference to resources, pollution, population, management and enforcement of policies and regulations in Pakistan. Communication strategies to work in community: Reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
1. Preparation of teaching material for Environmental Education, use of computer in Environmental Education.
2. Preparation of resource material (brochures, pamphlets, posters and booklets etc.) to provide information on various environmental issues.
3. Organization and arrangements of events, festivals and exhibits for EE.
4. Campaign designing for National, regional and local environmental issues.
5. Organization of seminars and special lectures on general environmental management and specific issues.
6. Making of documentaries on various environmental issues.
7. Preparation of portfolio for EE.
Course Learning Outcomes
The course is designed to:
1. Impart knowledge and understanding of the environmental education
2. Introduce various concepts of environmental education at different levels and provide guidelines for the design and development of resource materials for environmental education
3. Train and develop skills for teaching and learning in environmental education with reference to environmental issues and provide the insight of status of environmental education at national, regional and global levels
No Information Yet
No Information Yet